A day at Red Dragon - the story of the day

Moderators: kirky, neil, Keith

Re: A day at Red Dragon - the story of the day

Postby neil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Chips_T95 wrote:Nice one Neil, this is my first post and i wanted to congratulate you on making these darts (love the reviews you film on Red Dragon products too)

Cheers mate - welcome to double16 :)
ImageImage
neil
Bobba FAT
Bobba FAT

Cash on hand: 41,220.30
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 2
Blog: View Blog (1)

Advertisement

Double 16 Adverts
 H20 Vending Solutions

Postby Murphy180 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

Looks like you had a brill day
If needed then just drop me a PM :)
Murphy180
The Full Bob
The Full Bob

Cash on hand: 4,135.00
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby neil » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 pm

It was very interesting :)
ImageImage
neil
Bobba FAT
Bobba FAT

Postby Spongefred17 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Must of been an epic day :D
Spongefred17
A hint of Bob
A hint of Bob

Cash on hand: 105.00

Postby neil » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Spongefred17 wrote:Must of been an epic day :D

Really good - enjoyed meeting Simon and Lee. Interesting blokes and and interesting set up. Lee is one of those 'old school' engineers - yet he isn't an old bloke. Just obviously a time served engineer somewhere along the line. It was brilliant watching him at work.
ImageImage
neil
Bobba FAT
Bobba FAT

Postby CharlesH » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:25 pm

looks like an awesome day!
CharlesH
A hint of Bob
A hint of Bob

Cash on hand: 370.00

Postby DoubleHunter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 am

Im loving double16.com, the information you can find on here is quality. Im a very average darts player at the most and have automaticly loved being part of the comunity here. RedDragon Darts is a very smart website and i had no idea that they have soo much going on. Ive just purchaced some new darts after much diliberation on what route to take. I stumped for a RedDragon set of Sleex 2. I cannot belive how good they are when i recieved them just a day later after i orderd at 1.30pm.
Steven 'The Hunter' Hunt

Darts - RedDragon Sleex 2, 24g
DoubleHunter
A hint of Bob
A hint of Bob

Cash on hand: 195.00

Postby neil » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:11 pm

DoubleHunter wrote:Im loving double16.com, the information you can find on here is quality. Im a very average darts player at the most and have automaticly loved being part of the comunity here. RedDragon Darts is a very smart website and i had no idea that they have soo much going on. Ive just purchaced some new darts after much diliberation on what route to take. I stumped for a RedDragon set of Sleex 2. I cannot belive how good they are when i recieved them just a day later after i orderd at 1.30pm.

All good to hear mate :D
ImageImage
neil
Bobba FAT
Bobba FAT

Postby tanic180 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:12 pm

I liked the pic with andy walsh playing darts and all the darts against the wall, and thanks for reviews about red dragon darts got the bronzer 5s in 26g (new torpedo) after watching your video awesome darts thanks
tanic180
Major Bobness
Major Bobness

Cash on hand: 835.00

Postby TheDude » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:21 pm

I wish we had such here in the states. UK too cool!
Darts: RD Elites 23g
Flights: Target Vision
Stems: Target Pro Grip med.
TheDude
The Full Bob
The Full Bob

Cash on hand: 7,040.05
Bank: 0.00

Postby Ewhonest » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Great write up, the pictures are awesom :cookie:
Ewhonest
A hint of Bob
A hint of Bob

Cash on hand: 165.00

Postby Gameon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 am

:like: good read and my fav read until now on the forum :)

meanwhile i always buy my darts from Red Dragon and recently just bought the Nodor Supawire edge-on with staple free darboard with a free set of darts
cost £29.99 for ..the board ive put by for now as im still using the Blade 3 board ..

Not the 1st board ive bought from Red Dragon or darts for sure ..

Was a Welsh guy in Scotland when up for the Rugby few yrs back sais buying from Red Dragon your taking a chance m8

But i reckon theyre a good firm and always normally buy from them, but wouldve liked better if they sold the standard extra strong 100 micron Designa flights
which they dont seem to, anyone here know whom sells them flights ^^ apart from Darts corner ? as i wont buy from Darts Corner again
would be welcome to hear about ? meantime this is a nice post poster which i :like:
Gameon
A hint of Bob
A hint of Bob

Cash on hand: 220.00

Postby neil » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 pm

I dont know about the flights mate - have you tried tommys darts or A180?? Double18 maybe???

Red Dragon darts are first class. :D
ImageImage
neil
Bobba FAT
Bobba FAT

Postby Mandy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Its always interesting to see behind the scenes of online retailers, but even more so when its such an awesome company like Red Dragon. The equipment they do is of such a high quality, they're great.
Darts Used: Featherlite 18g
Highest Checkout: 114
Mandy
The Full Bob
The Full Bob

Cash on hand: 2,055.20

Postby Gameon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm

neil wrote:I dont know about the flights mate - have you tried tommys darts or A180?? Double18 maybe???

Red Dragon darts are first class. :D

Hi Neil,
Have looked over the red dragon with regards flights But im not to worried about the Designa type flights as i can play with others
just never thought right at the time ..But after say a few days practice with other flights i like instance the Extra strong 100 micron type
in Medium i can buy when needed ..Over on the dartscorner forum the Mods keep trying to get everyone to buy from their firm
but i sais i buy from Welsh dragon lol dont think they were impressed also they try to get everyone to buy Cosmos flights and stems
one set of stem the locked type at the time i did buy they were £6 for one single set a rip off i reckon ..
Meantime tried them with cosmo flights but a waste of money in my view but all to their own even the Cosmo flights were 3 sets at £13.50
again a rip off in my opinion as one of the flights ripped after 15 mins playing time so not for me as the deflectagrip stems with ring grip
i much prefer which i got from Red Dragon also ..ive plenty in flights for now but have in the past sent to all firms inc Tommys now pure darts
and also red Dragon and Darts Corner where it was the Designa standard extra stong 100 micron flights ..

Meantime ive played on/off darts since 1974 ish played Jocky Wilson way back in 77' also met him as he shouted over to me in Wembley conference centre
in 79' at a Marlboro tournament which was good though Jocky wasnt allowed as he then was Pro ..
Met him in the 80s when he was then World Champ after he defeated Eric Bristow and i was on practice board killing time
as was there to watch Fife v Tayside in the Plough Inn in Forfar Angus ..i had walked into this room after opening the door
which was the lounge door ..i thought with no one inside this small Lounge that no chance of a beer until i walked right up to bar
ordered a beer as female was serving and i was only person in the Lounge then noticed dartboard cabinet closed over
so decided have throw darts and after 15 mins throwing while all these say hundred people were all at other side of bar in another room
the lounge door opened and whom popped their head inside but Jocky Wilson lol He sais ok for a throw at board with ye m8
a sais no problems Jocky and thought to myself well not bad when the WOrld champ is asking ok for a thow at board with ye :)

Anyhow i asked Jocky as to how he got along with Eric Bristow and Jocky sais fine and that he liked Eric ok
sais was just a Scotland v England thing for fun but got on well with Eric ..
Anyhow he asks me if i played fir Fife and i sais no just watching while visiting a family member here
then the Lounge door opens and this strange guy from Tayside region with friends with him sais Jocky Wilson
im playing you and ill beat you ..Jocky replied well we shall soon see m8 ..
I sais to masel ill have watch this one ..Jocky beat the guy 3/0 easily silly anyone saying they are gonna win v any player
as can back fire as we all know at times but v a top class player as Jocky Wilson was them days was a silly thing to say ..

Anyhow i 1st met Jocky when i was in a local bar in 77' and he walked into bar with couple people
whom were id say hangers on looking back now..i was a young 17 yr old ye underage guy whom happened to be playing rather well
at time and them days more darts fir sure were being played in the local bars here ..all initials chalked above chalkboard
and i knew lose then ive a gd 30 mins for another game possibly ..so i happened to be on a gd run at time
when Jocky arrived in bar and came straight over sais whose on board to this guy and guy sais the young lad meaning me
Jocky then sais "Money" <--- this was just before he hit the big time on tv ..i then never knew who he was then
So me being a young guy sais ok how much he Jocky sais you name it so i sais a fiver £5 he sais wanna Double it
a sais ok £10 then this older guy dart player quietly sais to me Stevie watch what you are doing as thats Jocky Wilson
them days i remember he had long hair and played with Leighton Rees darts ..anyhow so i sais ill play u for fiver
he sais ok and i gave him a gd game but lost lol was not long after say 2 mths after this when i seen Jocky
on Tv playing and with them Leighton Rees darts ..he later changed to his own set of Darts in early 80/s sometime that would be..
Leighton Rees was also a fav of mine though never met the guy unfortunately ..
John Lowe i met in Eastbourne few yrs back in what was called the Fishermans Club ..i was there for Winter Gardens Open
went via Easy jet to gatwick then a train to Eastbourne for the Open which really i shouldnt have went at time as my mind
wasnt right with the loss of ma Dad ..But looking back i remember i played a gd player whom was 2/0 up
was 1st to get 3 games then i won next game so 2/1 down then following match the guy left himself Dble tops
i was left 126 and went for treble 19 got it and decided happy for a single 19 for bull but hit another treble 19
for dble 6 but at time for a split sec was thinking of the BULL anyhow i throw for the dble 6 and wired it

The guy he was from London i remember anyhow going for tops with 3 darts and me saying to myself Miss lol
He missed with 1st dart and second dart then i thought he misses here then id have fancied myself to come back and win
BUT he hit tops his 3rd dart ..But i shook guys hand sais well played m8 and had fun while there ..its a cool tournament
also very big venue with Dartboards upstairs and downstairs with i remember a tunnel you walked through which was cool as in cold ..

Meantime John Lowe i remember watching yrs back doing an exhibition here in Fife and playing 10001 fly start
he played many local gd players and won vast majority ..remember i went to toilet in the club
and this drunk on my right side staggering about sais John Lowe he shall be up against it here tonight as theres many very gd players here
shall take him etc etc ..I sais back look your talking about one off if not the best player in the World in John Lowe
and i felt a tap on my left shoulder and as i look around who is it but John Lowe with a :) upon his face lol he shook my hand as if to
say well sais m8 lol ..Back to Eastbourne when i was at bar in Fishermans club its where John Lowe goes to relax i hear
often with Cliff Lazarenko ..Anyhow he John comes over to bar sais to me you from Scotland so i say aye John
he spins of some Scottish players names to me 1stly a Harry Heenan from Glasgow John Sais was a very gd player from yrs back ..
some others also he named ..Anyhow he seemed a decent guy John Lowe and i liked him ..Anyhow i never had my mobile fone
as was left with a friend at times house we stayed in Eastbourne and so havent a pic with John Lowe ..but had one with both Jelle Klasson
and Andy Fordham few yrs back at Scottish Open in Renfrew though since had my fone stolen by some female in Manchester when there
its the sim card i was angry about as had them pics in such ..and never then had a computer unfortunately so none were downloaded ..

Anyhow the Eastbourne open id recomend to anyone as its a big venue and also can have much practice on boards without waiting
5 mins for one single throw like is at renfrew in Scotland which i dont recomment as you cant get much practice for Queues plus no seats
Eastbourne you can get practice plus a seat which is cool ..Meantime some nice experiences with Darts and hopefully more to come :)
Gameon
A hint of Bob
A hint of Bob

Cash on hand: 220.00

PreviousNext

Return to Darts Chat